If you want to run your business for the long term sustainability, you need to build an email list for your business.
In subsequent blog posts, I will write in details about email marketing for businesses.
So, let's continue on how to create the right lead magnet for your audience.
You see, giving out a freebie is considered as one of the best ways to build an email list of your targeted audience.
This freebie most times is referred to as a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is simply an important resource that SOLVES A SPECIFIC PROBLEM of your target audience.
The lead magnet could be inform of:
- Free report
- Mini course
- Video training
- White paper
- Free Trials
- Free samples
- Swipe files
- Resource List
To ensure you have the right lead magnet, here are 6 things you should do.
- Ensure it solves a real problem – This is easier said than done. Why? Many businesses do not take time to do indepth market research to find out what the problems of their ideal audience are. If you would take time to find out what the problems of your target market are, it will help you in creating a lead magnet that sovles a real life problem.
- Make sure it promises a (JUST ONE) quick win – Your lead magnet should be able to help your ideal audience achieve something easily. In other words, it should promise and of course deliver one quick win.
- It should be quick (or easy) to digest – Asides corporate businesses where ebooks, whiteparpers, case studies or lengthy reports may be necessary, your lead magnet should be easy and quick to digest.
- It must be specific (I mean super specific) – The more specific the problem your lead magnet solves, the better it will convert into leads. It's not advisable to just create a lead magnet about something that is just general. Understood?
- It has to demonstrate your expertise – When your target audience consumes your lead magnet, they should be able to discover that you are an expert at what you do. This will go a long way to help convert these people into your customers in the long run.
- Your lead magnet should have high value – i.e it should have both high actual value and high perceived value.
- It should be accessible instantly – Your lead magnet should be something that can be delivered almost immediately after it is requested. This is because of the love people have for instant gratification.
That does it for now.
I hope you were able to learn some few lessons from this article.
If you want me to consult with you as regards setting up an effective email marketing system for your business, please reach me via email – email@example.com